I have put together another great list of inspirational, yet informative links for you. This week there are a few new artists that I would like to draw some attention to along with some industry news that is worthy of reading as well.
- Leading-off is some very high quality work that I have been looking at for the past three days. The Photography of Joanna Kustra is simply stunning. Obviously working with large light modifiers and creating very soft-lit wonderfully-beautiful portraits. I also enjoyed looking back through her previous work to see her style changes. Over all very nice work.
- 2010 PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo is just around the corner, October 28-30. Register early to make sure that you reserve your spot. You can look at the Exhibitor List here, and register here.
- Nikon Announces New D3100 Consumer Digital SLR and Four New Pro-Worthy Lenses
- JPG Magazine released Issue 22. Issue 22 of JPG Magazine starts by looking at the world through tinted lenses for Color Theory. Next, our contributors reveal that the human condition continues to shape, redefine, and create a multitude of Gender Roles within society. Lastly, JPG gazes into a crystal ball to imagine what the World of Tomorrow will look like. Check out all of these themes and more in Issue 22 of JPG Magazine!
- 40 Amazing Before and After Photo Retouching Photos. Models and celebrities always look stunning with their flawless skins on magazine and album covers. Photoshop not only can do enhancements to poorly shot photographs, but also able to turn an ordinary person into someone with superstar qualities. Below are 40 great examples in showing the magic that Photoshop can do to an average or lousy image.
- A beginner’s guide to focal lengths and how they affect photographs. Most people quickly learned what the focal lengths represented for their particular camera format. But these days, with so many digital camera sensor sizes and other lens peculiarities, the millimeter measurement of a lens’ focal length tells only part of the story.
- Commercial Photographer Dan Escobar has been producing some head-turning images for a few years now. Totally worth the look.
- Jensen Walker, also a commercial photographer, has some outstanding work that will more than likely help inspire you to shoot a variety of new work if you haven’t shot anything like that before yet.
- Polina Osherov is a Fashion Photographer, that is producing some stunning images in environments that present themselves as challenging as I have seen. Osherov’s “Stories” is something really worth taking a look at.
Well I hope that this fuels your fire for a bit and that you find something inspirational out of at least one of the links above. Feel free to share your favorite or other comments about the post below.