As winter keeps coming, we keep putting on more and more layers of clothing, the snow piles get bigger and bigger, (and so does my sister’s pregnant belly) and the anticipation for summer builds. Hope that these links inspire you in one way or another.
- David E Jackson is the Monthly Guest on Glyn Dewis’ Photography Blog. Some great reading from a photographer that’s CRUSHIN’ IT right here in Wisconsin. Glyn and David go through an extensive Q&A session that I think everyone can take something away from.
- Big announcement this week from two of the best in the industry, Joe McNally and David Hobby have teamed up with a load of sponsors to launch a 29-city tour titled, Flash Bus Tour ’11. You will for sure see me as the Madison Wisconsin tour stop. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning.
- My favorite test-shot web site is back up and running with a new look, light-test.com. Submit your test shots daily for a chance to be featured!
- Ever hear of a 80-Megapixel camera? Well, it’s here. Phase One Announces a new medium format camera back. (at 80-Megapixels I don’t know if that quailfies as medium format?)
- The PDN Faces Photo Contest deadline is approaching quickly. If you don’t plan on entering, at least take a look through the entries for a rundown of some pretty awesome photography.
- Just for the fun of it, here are 20 fun shots of Lizards.
- As Still and Video have started to overlap in digital production, some photographers turning into videographers find it hard to work with art directors fearing that they will have to give up creative control. Jeff Newton, a Phoenix based photographer, was hired by FOX to shoot a national campaign…with one exception; he would have to work with a director of photography instead of shooting it all on his own. Jeff decided to take it as a learning experience, and says he’s glad he did. Check out the article and videos here.
- Ever wonder what someone would use 500,000 ladybugs for? No? Me either, until now. Ed Zipco used them for a fashion shoot. I’ve include the video below.