And in this corner, weighting in at 2 lbs. 11 oz., packing a punch of 24.5 Mega-pixels with a FX CMOS sensor is the Nikon D3x Digital SLR Camera!!!!
Just when I was getting ready to purchase a D3, Nikon officially announced the release of the D3x. While the D3x is not aimed so much at the professional sports photographer like its predecessor D3, this baby still packs a whopping punch.
Nikon has obviously captured the attention of the sports photographer with the release of the D3. Now they have captured the attention of the commercial photographer with the D3x.
“Extreme-resolution photography once meant a sacrifice in mobility, versatility and spontaneity. Now, the Nikon D3X builds upon the world-renowned D3, merging 24.5 megapixels of imaging performance with the speed and handling characteristics that today’s photography demands: exquisite detail and tonal range in an ergonomically superior digital SLR body with comprehensive protection against dust, moisture and electromagnetic interference.” -Nikon D3x pdf
Some of the other key features:
• Exceptional noise control from ISO 100 to ISO 1600
• Near-instantaneous shutter release time lag of approx. 0.04 seconds (based on CIPA Guideline)
• 5-frames-per-second continuous shooting in FX format and 7 fps in DX crop mode (up to 130 frames)
• 51-point Multi-CAM 3500FX autofocus system
• Scene Recognition System for more accurate AF, AE, and AWB results
• Active D-Lighting for complete control over highlight and shadow detail
• Picture Control: Standard, Vivid, Neutral and Monochrome (Landscape, Portrait and D2X Modes I, II and III are available free via download)
• Live View mode for shooting handheld and with a tripod
• Highresolution (approx. 920k dots), 3-inch VGA-size LCD monitor with tempered glass
• Durable, lightweight magnesium-alloy construction and comprehensive weather sealing against dust and moisture
• Intelligent power management that lets you shoot up to approx. 4,400 frames on a single battery charge (based on CIPA Guideline)
• Compatibility with the Nikon Total Imaging System
Overall, another very impressive weapon in the Nikon dSLR lineup. With the amazingly fast 51-point autofocus system, the ability to shoot small-end medium format full-frame photographs with the versitality of the 35mm dslr size, the D3x is sure to see success.
Read more at NikonUSA.com